Cleaning mould

HeadacheNearly everyone who lives in a house or unit has at some time tried to clean mould, fungus or even mildew.

Most have found it to be a less than satisfying job, smelly, dirty, gets up your nose, can even give you a headache and in some cases even makes you angry and depressed.

 

Guess what, if this is what cleaning mould does to you, you aren’t alone.

 

Cleaning mould can be little more than an annoying time waster or it can be a life threatening exercise, it all depends how you personally are affected by mould.

 

A few facts about mould:  Mould is a higher life form than Cleaning Mould1humans, bit scary, don’t you think?   It’s been around millions and millions of years longer than we have, even longer than your great Uncle Bert, in fact 25% of the earth’s mass is made up of mould, and without it we would be in a pretty sorry state.  Mould cleans up our rubbish, mould lives on our skin and keeps it healthy, mould is pretty well everywhere, in fact in most cases we can’t live without it.

However, when we have the right conditions mould will grow expedencialy and will soon reach levels dangerous to us.  When these high levels of mould infestation are reached, it turns from being our friend to our enemy.  You need to handle the cleaning of this excessive mould growth with care.

If you discover small areas of mould growing, you can handle the cleaning yourself armed with the right cleaning solutions and some common sense.

 

If you discover a large mould growth, anything over say 10 square metres in size, you would be wise to call in the experts.  Mould Removal

Moisture Cure has the technical knowhow, qualifications and experience to successfully decontaminate excessive mould contamination, in both domestic and commercial areas.

 

Mouldy smells

Even if you can’t see mould growing but you can smell it, you are getting headaches or feeling slightly off-colour or even feeling tense, angry and depressed, it’s almost certain you have excess mould in your home and you need to do something about it.

 

You don’t have to be able to see mould to know you have it growing; if you can smell it – you have it.Sneezing

That’s another thing about mould; it’s very hard to kill.  Most of the recognized brands of so called mould killers or mould removers only succeed in lightening mould so you think it’s been removed.  All you are really doing is bleaching the colour from it and in a few weeks time it will colour up again and be back just as strong.

 

Mould and humidity

Mould can grow in a variety of situations including under ice and snow but it particularly likes growing in damp humid airless conditions, this is why mould loves growing in dark humid subfloor areas and in homes that are locked up, not allowing natural air and breezes to flow through.  We suggest ventilating your home and your subfloor as much as possible and letting as much sunlight in as you can in.

By ventilating we mean opening windows and doors whenever you are home and pulling your curtains and blinds back to let plenty of fresh air and sunshine in, this will create an area that mould finds hard to grow in.

 

If you find you still have mould growing,
we suggest you go a little further at removing the moisture that is causing high humidity and encouraging mould
by investing in a dehumidifier from Moisture Cure.

 

Moisture Cure (R) home page

Moisture Cure dehumidifiers are specialized drying machines that extract excess moisture from every where it’s hiding, in your carpet; furniture; paintings; bedding; timber; leather goods; in fact mould is the perfect opportunist in that it will grow and flourish on just about any surface.  It is always seeking moisture to feed on and will even cross glass to get to something holding the moisture it is seeking.

 

So, if you find mould in your home, ventilate.  Let the sun shine in and maybe consider a Moisture Cure dehumidifier.